Tuesday 10 April 2018

Storyboard

This is my storyboard for my horror trailer, I think it's very important planning shots prior to filming as it helps you maintain focus whilst filming along with giving you a clear idea of each of the shots that you will use in your trailer. I found it quite hard to think of all the different angles that I wanted each of my shots at, however it has given me a good starting point for thinking about different shot ideas. However I do think that there are some negatives to creating a storyboard, the main negative for me is that it now makes me feel quite restricted when I'm filming my trailer because I'm not wanting to stick to the storyboard step by step, I want to rearrange the order of some of the shots and change the angles. Plus I feel as though there is limited space for me to explain each of my shots, meaning it is not as detailed as I would like it to be. Although it does allow me to show my cast how I'm aiming for the trailer to look, it also guides them in their body language and what they're saying- if they are speaking. This was the main advantage of creating a storyboard for my trailer, as I sent it to the main character of my trailer so she was made aware of the filming process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Trailer