Thursday 23 November 2017

Interview with members of my target audience

Recently I interviewed three people, ages 17/18 who are interested in horror films. Due to this, I wanted to find out the reasons behind this, hence interviewing each of them to find out their thoughts in order for me to have a clearer idea about the hype of horror. This is what they all thought...

Q- What makes you enjoy watching horror films the most?
A- I love the rush and adrenaline that they provide.
-I love the suspense that builds up and the fact that there's no escape and you can't prevent the fear that you feel.

Q- What sub- genres of horror interest you the most?
A- Psychological. 
-Paranormal.

Q- Why?
A- I love the realism that they portray because it makes it so much more relatable to the audience and creates a massive sense of fear.
-I like them because you can't see an obvious villain such as within a slasher, I just feel like they can look a bit tacky.


Q- What would you consider to be a bad horror?

A- For me it would be gore because it's just so non realistic and I always find that the quality is much worse.
-I don't have a specific type of horror that I consider to be bad but if the film doesn't have a plot, then I would consider it to be bad.


From this interview I can now understand the reasoning behind the massive appeal of horror films and what I would/ would not have to do in order for my horror trailer to be considered 'good'. This has hugely helped me with my research into horror as I now have a better understanding as to what my target audience wants to see within my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Trailer