Tuesday 10 April 2018

Potential Location Shots


Below are my ideas for the location of my horror trailer, due to the story behind my trailer, I have decided that the best place for me to shoot it would be in a house. I have taken photos of rooms which I think are a worthy place for me to film.



I like this location, however due to the height that the dolls house is at, I don't think it would 1. be very safe and 2. be easy access, therefore will probably be ruled out. Although the reason I considered this location was because of the natural lighting that came into the room, meaning I wouldn't have to use a soft light, I could just pick a good time of day to film. 


Here, you can see from a different angle just how difficult it would be to film in such a small space. It would be hard for the main character to play with the dolls house as there is no stall, meaning she would have to be standing which I personally think would just look un- natural.



This was a location that I thought would much better suit my taste as it is a very plain room with not a lot of colour, which I liked due to how creative I could be with it. It was a lot more spacious than the previous room which would give me enough space to set up a tripod and a soft light- which I do think is the only issue with this location. The fact that the natural lighting isn't very good would mean that I would have to purchase or borrow a soft light, however overall this would make my trailer look much more professional, with the correct type of lighting.


For my trailer, I would need to shoot a scene in a bathroom. Therefore I thought that this bath suited my requirements and all I would have to do would be to move the shampoo bottles out of frame, other than that, there is enough light and I wouldn't have to do much else for this location. 


In my trailer, I was hoping for a scene with a woman wiping her 'bloody' hand across a steamy mirror, therefore I thought that this mirror would be perfect. It is quite old- fashioned which I liked and it was in the same location as the bath in the previous photo, meaning that I could easily run a bath or a shower in order to steam up the bathroom and the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Trailer